Sarah Perry worked for 20 years as an Actor, in 2010 her focus shifted and she now works as a movement director, movement tutor & performance coach working in Film, TV, Animation and Theatre. She worked as movement director for R&D project Creature with SDNA.TV. Sarah worked as Movement Coach on Jupiter Ascending directed by The Wachowskis and on Guardians of the Galaxy, directed by James Gunn. She also worked with one of London’s VFX teams on the movements and behaviourisms of one of the leading CG characters, Groot.
Sarah is frequently called in to work with various renowned VFX companies to assist their animation teams working on various projects, productions and characters. She specialises in creature performance and characterisation and acting & character movement for animators. Sarah has worked with Jellyfish Pictures, Framestore, MPC, Double Negative and Aardman.
Sarah is a performance coach, workshop facilitator and mentor. She works with professional actors, singers, dancers and stuntmen as well as students and emerging artistes. Her skills range from creature performance research and direction, performance capture movement direction, actor preparation, developing a movement language and style to suit a project, ensemble devising, developing an actor’s or character’s movement language and vocabulary, posture & movement analysis.
Sarah’s training includes:
• Working In Television, The Royal Acadamy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
• One Year/Post Graduate – Acting, The Oxford School of Drama
• BA (Hons) in Dance and Drama with English Literature, DeMontfort University, Bedford (dissertation interest: Stanislavski and Laban)
• Over 1000 Yoga Teacher Training hours (see Yoga page)
• Introduction Certificates in both Laban Movement Analysis and Bartenieff Fundamentals, The Laban Institute of Movement Studies, New York
• Various Laban workshops/classes, including London Metropolitan University with Sabine Fichter
• The Young Vic Youth Theatre, training under Directors such as David Thacker and Chris White
Sarah takes ongoing classes in Yoga (Yin, Yang and Viniyoga), Anatomy, Laban, Bartenieff Fundamentals, Voice, Physical Theatre, Devising, Movement for Actors, Feldenkrais, Mask and Animal Studies.
Sarah is a member of The British Wheel of Yoga (BWY), Spotlight, The Actors Equity Union and The Actors Centre, London.
Sarah is a Patron of Sadler’s Wells and a Fellow member of ZSL (Zoological Society of London).