Sarah Perry worked for 20 years as an Actor, in 2010 her focus shifted and she now works as a movement director, movement tutor & performance coach working in Film, TV, Animation and Theatre. Recent work, includes Movement Director for ‘Dream’ a Live Motion Capture/Online Virtual Production for The Royal Shakespeare Company. Movement Coach on ‘A Discovery of Witches’ Season 2 & 3 for Bad Wolf/Sky One. Other credits as Movement Coach include ‘Jupiter Ascending’ directed by The Wachowskis and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’, directed by James Gunn.
Sarah has coached many Actors in Film, TV & Theatre, liaising with Directors, VFX Supervisors, Stunt Coordinators and all heads of department. Sarah is frequently called in to work with various renowned VFX companies to assist their animation teams working on various projects, productions and characters, working with: Jellyfish Pictures, Framestore, MPC, Double Negative and Aardman.
Sarah also works as a Yoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist, teaches Movement for Actors at numerous UK Drama schools and Universities and teaches Acting & Character Movement for Animators nationally and internationally.
Sarah’s training includes:
• Working In Television, The Royal Acadamy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
• One Year/Post Graduate – Acting, The Oxford School of Drama
• BA (Hons) in Dance and Drama with English Literature, DeMontfort University, Bedford (dissertation interest: Stanislavski and Laban)
• Over 1000 Yoga Teacher Training hours (see Yoga page)
• Introduction Certificates in both Laban Movement Analysis and Bartenieff Fundamentals, The Laban Institute of Movement Studies, New York
• Various Laban & Choreological courses, including London Metropolitan University with Sabine Fichter and Trinity Laban with Rosemary Brandt.
• The Young Vic Youth Theatre, training under Directors such as David Thacker and Chris White
Sarah takes ongoing classes in Yoga (Yin, Yang and Viniyoga), Anatomy, Laban, Choreology, Bartenieff Fundamentals, Voice, Physical Theatre, Devising, Movement for Actors, Feldenkrais, Mask and Animal Studies.
Sarah is a member of The British Wheel of Yoga (BWY), Spotlight, The Actors Equity Union and The Actors Centre, London.
Sarah is a Patron of Sadler’s Wells and a Fellow member of ZSL (Zoological Society of London).