Sarah worked for 20 years as an Actor, in 2010 her focus shifted and since has worked as a Movement Director, and Movement, Character & Performance Coach working in Film, TV, Animation, VR and Theatre. Sarah can also be called upon as Movement Coordinator, coordinating a team of varied Movement specialists for larger projects & productions.
Current projects include working as Movement Coach on upcoming 6 part TV drama ‘The Burning Girls’ for Paramount+/Buccaneer Media. Other recent projects include: Movement Director for Cinematic VR project ‘In Pursuit of Repetitive Beats’ centred on the 80’s rave scene with East City Films written & directed by award winning Director Darren Emerson and Movement Coach on ‘His Dark Materials’ Season 3, eps 4-7 for Bad Wolf/BBC released November 2022.
Other credits include: Movement & Performance Director for ‘Dream’ a Live Motion Capture/Online Virtual Production for The Royal Shakespeare Company. Movement Coach on ‘A Discovery of Witches’ Season 2 & 3 for Bad Wolf/Sky One. Movement Coach on ‘Jupiter Ascending’ directed by The Wachowskis and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’, directed by James Gunn.
Sarah has coached many Actors, Movers, Dancers, Animators and Musicians in Film, TV and Theatre liaising with Directors, VFX Supervisors, Stunt Coordinators, Composers and all heads of department. Sarah has worked with various renowned VFX/Animation companies to assist their animation teams as Acting & Performance Coach, working with Motion Capture, CG and Stop Motion Performance. Sarah has worked with; Jellyfish Pictures, Framestore, MPC, Double Negative, Aardman, amongst others.
Sarah also works as a Yoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist, has taught Movement for Actors at numerous UK Drama schools and Universities and has been teaching Acting & Character Movement for Animators nationally and internationally since 2008. Sarah is the founder of Shapes in Motion, a company dedicated to the professional development of all movers & makers of movement.
Sarah’s training includes:
• Working In Television, The Royal Acadamy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
• One Year/Post Graduate – Acting, The Oxford School of Drama
• BA (Hons) in Dance and Drama with English Literature, DeMontfort University, Bedford (dissertation interest: Stanislavski and Laban)
• Over 1000 Yoga Teacher Training hours (see Yoga page)
• Introduction Certificates in both Laban Movement Analysis and Bartenieff Fundamentals, The Laban Institute of Movement Studies, New York
• Various Laban & Choreological courses, including London Metropolitan University with Sabine Fichter and Trinity Laban with Rosemary Brandt.
• The Young Vic Youth Theatre, training under Directors such as David Thacker and Chris White
Sarah takes ongoing classes in Yoga, Anatomy & Physiology, Laban, Choreology, Choreography, Physical Theatre, Devising, Movement for Actors, Animal Behaviour & Zoology.
Sarah is a member of The British Wheel of Yoga (BWY), CNHC, Spotlight, and The Actors Equity Union.
Sarah is a Fellow member of ZSL (Zoological Society of London).